City of Tyler provides monthly curbside collection at residential homes of items that are too large, heavy or bulky to fit in the green garbage cart for normal garbage pickup.
The following items should not be set out as part of bulky item collection:
- No trash, garbage, rubbish, waste or any material of any kind in plastic bags
- No leaves, grass or other yard trimmings in plastic bags. These items should be set out in paper yard bags for weekly yard trimmings and brush collection.
- No automobile parts, batteries or tires (residents can dispose of tires for a fee of $5 at city drop-off station)
- No contractor remodeling and demolition debris such as shingles, wallboard and lumber
- No household appliances that contain coolant, gasoline or other chemicals, including air conditioners, refrigerators and lawnmowers (accepted at city drop-off station)
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or ceramic tile
- No liquids, poisons or explosives
How much can you set out?
Bulky item pick-up is limited to 10 cubic yards (about eight feet long, six feet wide and six feet tall) at no extra charge to each household that receives curbside garbage and recycling collection. There is an extra charge for piles exceeding 10 cubic yards.
When do you put items at the curb?
Place bulky items on the curb by 7 a.m. Monday. You may place items on the curb as early as 6 p.m. the Saturday before the start of Bulky Item Week. Crews have until the following Saturday at 5 p.m. to pick up bulky items.
After crews have collected on your street, do not place more bulky items on the curb.
The next fall Bulky Item Week will be September 22 - 26, 2014 and spring Bulky Item Week will be March 2 - 6, 2015.