"In accordance with House Bill 1295, for certain contracts entered into on or after January 1, 2016, the successful bidder must submit a Certificate of Interested Parties (Form 1295) at the time the signed contract is submitted to the CITY and/or before the City can pay any related invoice. This applies to any contract that must be approved by the City Council, so all contracts valued at greater than $25,000 fall under this rule." House Bill 1295, Section 2252.908
Certificate of Interested Parties Form 1295 Procedures.pdf
NOTICE TO BIDDERS AND/OR PROPOSERS
Projects, Services & Supplies
Bid No. 18-029
SEALED BIDS for construction at the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport consisting of the Year 2018 Taxiway Charlie/Foxtrot Rehabilitation, Airport Improvement Program No. 3-48-0215-40-2018, Tyler Bid No. 18-029 will be received in the office of Tyler Water Utilities, at 511 West Locust, Tyler, Texas 75702, Attn: Sherry Pettit until Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 2:00 P.M. Bids will then be publicly opened and read in the Tyler Development Center Large Conference Room at 423 W. Ferguson, Tyler, Texas 75702. Any bids received after the above stated time will be returned unopened. The City reserves the right to accept, reject, cancel or modify any bid or proposal, waive all formalities, and to award the bid most advantageous to the City.
THE PROPOSED WORK includes:
· Reconstruction of Taxiways Charlie and Foxtrot
· Reconstruction of Runway 17-35 and Taxiway Foxtrot Intersection
· Construction of New Connecting Taxiway Delta (Alternate Bid)
· Miscellaneous Electrical Improvements
THE ATTENTION OF THE BIDDERS is called to the fact that security of the airport is of prime concern at all times and this Contract is subject to restrictions to this end as set out by the Contract Documents. Some of the work must be accomplished in such a manner as to minimize interference with air carriers and coincident aircraft operations. All other work is subject to safety and other restrictions as outlined in the Contract Documents.
Contract documents including bid proposal forms, plans sheets, and specifications for the Project may be viewed and downloaded free of charge (with the option to purchase hard copies) at www.civcastusa.com. Scanned plans and specifications (PDF format) are available on CD for a non-refundable price of $50.00 from KSA Engineers, Inc. (318-221-7501 or email@example.com). Printed copies of the Contract Documents may be viewed at the Airport. Please submit questions for this project at least 72 hours prior to bid opening through www.civcastusa.com in the Q&A portal. All addenda issued for this project will only be posted on www.civcastusa.com. The City reserves the right to accept, reject, cancel or modify any bid or proposal, waive all formalities, and to award the bid most advantageous to the City.
BIDDING SECURITY in the form of a Bid Bond or certified Cashier's Check in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the total Bid shall be furnished by each Bidder as required by the above mentioned documents. Such check, or collateral, shall be made payable to the City of Tyler.
Notice of Requirement for Affirmative Action to Ensure Equal Employment Opportunity
1. The Offeror’s or Bidder’s attention is called to the “Equal Opportunity Clause” and the “Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications” set forth herein.
2. The goals and timetables for minority and female participation, expressed in percentage terms for the Contractor’s aggregate workforce in each trade on all construction work in the covered area, are as follows:
Goals for minority participation for each trade: 6.4%
Goals for female participation in each trade: 6.9%
These goals are applicable to all of the Contractor’s construction work (whether or not it is Federal or federally assisted) performed in the covered area. If the Contractor performs construction work in a geographical area located outside of the covered area, it shall apply the goals established for such geographical area where the work is actually performed. With regard to this second area, the Contractor also is subject to the goals for both its federally involved and non-federally involved construction.
The Contractor’s compliance with the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4 shall be based on its implementation of the Equal Opportunity Clause, specific affirmative action obligations required by the specifications set forth in 41 CFR 60-4.3(a) and its efforts to meet the goals. The hours of minority and female employment and training must be substantially uniform throughout the length of the contract, and in each trade, and the Contractor shall make a good faith effort to employ minorities and women evenly on each of its projects. The transfer of minority or female employees or trainees from Contractor to Contractor or from project to project for the sole purpose of meeting the Contractor’s goals shall be a violation of the contract, the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4. Compliance with the goals will be measured against the total work hours performed.
3. The Contractor shall provide written notification to the Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) within 10 working days of award of any construction subcontract in excess of $10,000 at any tier for construction work under the contract resulting from this solicitation. The notification shall list the name, address, and telephone number of the subcontractor; employer identification number of the subcontractor; estimated dollar amount of the subcontract; estimated starting and completion dates of the subcontract; and the geographical area in which the subcontract is to be performed.
4. As used in this notice and in the contract resulting from this solicitation, the “covered area” is the City of Tyler, Texas in Smith County.
Title VI Solicitation Notice
The City of Tyler, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 USC §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders or offerors that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal is 6.4% of the dollar value of this contract. The DBE program also includes a small business element pursuant to 49 CFR Part 26. The Owner’s award of this contract is conditioned upon Bidder or Offeror satisfying the good faith effort requirements of 49 CFR §26.53.
The successful Bidder or Offeror must provide written confirmation of participation from each of the DBE firms the Bidder or Offeror lists in its commitment within five days after bid opening.
1) The names and addresses of DBE firms that will participate in the contract;
2) A description of the work that each DBE firm will perform;
3) The dollar amount of the participation of each DBE firm listed under (1);
4) Written statement from Bidder or Offeror that attests their commitment to use the DBE firm(s) listed under (1) to meet the Owner’s project goal; and
5) If Bidder or Offeror cannot meet the advertised project DBE goal, evidence of good faith efforts undertaken by the Bidder or Offeror as described in Appendix A to 49 CFR Part 26.
The requirements of 49 CFR part 26 apply to this contract. It is the policy of the City of Tyler to practice nondiscrimination based on race, color, sex or national origin in the award or performance of this contract. The Owner encourages participation by all firms qualifying under this solicitation regardless of business size or ownership.
All Bidders and Proposers shall comply with the provisions of Buy American Preference, Davis Bacon Requirements, Debarment and Suspension, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, Foreign Trade Restriction, Lobbying Federal Employees, and Recovered Materials.
A pre-bid conference for this project will be held on Thursday, July 12, 2018, at 10:00 A.M. in the 2nd floor conference room located in the terminal building at the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport. The pre-bid conference is non-mandatory. Questions concerning this project shall be directed to Jonathan Farmer, P.E., at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-221-7501.
In accordance with House Bill 1295, for certain contracts entered into on or after January 1, 2016, the successful bidder must submit a Certificate of Interested Parties (Form 1295) at the time the signed contract is submitted to the CITY. The law applies (with a few exceptions) only to a City contract between a business entity and a governmental entity or state agency that either (1) requires an action or vote by the City Council before the contract may be signed or (2) has a value of at least $1 million.
Tyler Morning Telegraph
1st Publication: _____ Tuesday, June 26, 2018
2nd Publication: ____ Monday, July 2, 2018
City of Tyler, Texas