|The Airport Advisory Board is composed of seven (7) members. This Board meets on the second Monday of the month, at 12:00 p.m., in the Conference Room at Tyler Pounds Regional Airport.
For the year of Sept. 1, 2012 - Aug. 31, 2013 the Board members are:
Ronald Stutes, Chairman
John Barber Jr.
James Wynne III
The Airport Advisory Board shall have a presiding officer and vice-chair, and it shall adopt, subject to the approval of the City Council, such rules and regulations governing its proceedings as it may deem proper. The Airport Manager or designee shall serve as secretary, provide the board with all information necessary for the performance of its duties and keep a record of all transactions.
The Airport Advisory Board shall have the following duties:
1. From time to time to make such general studies of airport construction and operations as may be useful in keeping the municipal airport efficient and adequate to the needs of the City and of the air transportation industry;
2. Make recommendations to the City Council in respect to construction, expansion, improvements, maintenance and operation of such airport;
3. Make recommendations to the City Council concerning leases and permits;
4. Inform the city Manger of any failure by personnel of the airport to carry out any orders or policies adopted by the governing body; and
5. In an advisory capacity, work toward the general improvement of the airport and the advancement of the City as an air transportation center.
The Airport Advisory Board meetings are scheduled for 12:00 p.m. on the second Monday of every month unless there is no new business to discuss. The Airport Advisory Board Agenda and items for the meeting will be available by 12:00 p.m. on Friday prior to the scheduled meeting.