Taking another step to grow community pride in Tyler, Keep Tyler Beautiful is recognizing businesses in the community for their improvement, upkeep, cleanliness and beautification efforts. The Board presents a Beauty and Business Award certificate and yard sign to a business each quarter.
By awarding those businesses who keep their property beautiful and clean we hope to motivate others in the city to do the same. Community beautification takes the cooperation of all residents of Tyler.
Board members examine different aspects of the business, such as:
- Store front is inviting with use and upkeep of greenery, such as grass, trees, shrubs and/or flowers along with benches, trash cans and/or chairs.
- Parking area is litter free.
- Store front has attractive signs.
- Dumpster and trash areas are clean and tidy.
- Old, unused bulky items are not stored around or behind the store i.e. equipment, furniture, supplies.
- Building front is in good shape with clean paint or bricks.