City of Tyler provides semi-annual curbside collection at residential homes of items that are too large, heavy or bulky to fit in the green garbage cart for normal garbage pickup.
The following items should not be set out as part of bulky item collection:
- No trash, garbage, rubbish, waste or any material of any kind in plastic bags
- No leaves, grass or other yard trimmings in plastic bags. These items should be set out in paper yard bags for weekly yard trimmings and brush collection.
- No automobile parts or batteries.
- No contractor remodeling and demolition debris such as shingles, wallboard and lumber
- No electronic equipment such as computers (please bring to the city drop-off station)
- No household appliances that contain coolant, gasoline or other chemicals, including air conditioners, refrigerators and lawnmowers (these items are accepted at city drop-off station, a small fee may apply)
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or ceramic tile
- No liquids, poisons or explosives
When do you put items at the curb?
Place bulky items on the curb by 7 a.m. Monday. You may place items on the curb as early as 6 p.m. the Saturday before the start of Bulky Item Week. Crews have until the following Saturday at 5 p.m. to pick up bulky items.
After crews have collected on your street, do not place more bulky items on the curb.
The date for the next Free Bulky Item Week will be May 1st through May 5th, 2017.