Term: (filled unexpired term) Nov. 2009-2011; 2011-2013; 2013-2015; 2015-2017
Commercial Real Estate Broker
Community Service and Leadership
- Member, City of Tyler Planning and Zoning Board (2005-2009);
- Member, Grace Community School Board (2007 – 2012);
- Member, City of Tyler Retail Task Force;
- Member, Board of East Texas Crisis Center (2003 – 2006);
- Chairman, City of Tyler Half Cent Sales Tax Board (2014 – Present);
- Former President, Tyler Chapter of Texas Tech Alumni;
- Former Member, Tyler Chamber of Commerce Contact Club.
Past and Present Associations
Education and Family
- Tyler Men’s Bible Study Fellowship;
- Texas Association of Realtors;
- North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors;
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM);
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC);
- Texas Tech Alumni Association;
- Texas Tech Varsity Club.
Mark is a long-time East Texan and a graduate of Athens High School. After high school, he earned an Associate Degree in Real Estate from Trinity Valley Community College in 1980 and a Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering from Texas Tech University in 1983. Mark is the owner of Burns Commercial Properties, LLC, where he is a commercial real estate broker and has worked there since 1992. Mark and his wife, Sherri, are members of Grace Community Church.