News Article

Print this Article Email this Article

by Don Martin - December 19, 2012

On December 18, 2012, at about 3:03 PM, the Tyler Police Department was called to1206 N. Albertson in response to two deceased bodies.  The bodies had beenlocated by a family member who had not heard from them for a few days. Tyler Police Officers, Detectives, and Crime Scene Investigators responded tothe scene.  While processing the scene, it was discovered that the residentshad been operating a gasoline powered generator inside of the home.  It isbelieved that the two occupants succumbed to carbon-monoxide poisoning causedby the generator.  Autopsies will be completed to help determine the causeof their death. 

The deceased have been identified as Cynthia Pettigrew, DOB 8-7-62, and JohnathanLydia, DOB 12-18-63. 


TheTyler Police Department would like to remind everyone about the dangers ofCarbon Monoxide.  Carbon Monoxide gas is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas.  It is also poisonous and canlead to death.   Devices that emit Carbon Monoxide should not be usedin homes.  It is also recommended that all homes have Carbon Monoxidedetectors installed. 

Return to main page