The Airport Advisory Board is composed of seven members. This Board meets on the third Monday of the month, at 12:00 p.m., in the Conference Room at Tyler Pounds Regional Airport.
For the year of Sept. 1, 2018 - Aug. 31, 2019 the Board members are:
Lindsey Birdsong, Chairman
John Barber Jr
James Wynne III
The Airport Advisory Board shall have a presiding officer and vice-chair, and it shall adopt, subject to the approval of the City Council, such rules and regulations governing its proceedings as it may deem proper. The Airport Manager or designee shall serve as secretary, provide the board with all information necessary for the performance of its duties and keep a record of all transactions.
The Airport Advisory Board shall have the following duties:
1. From time to time to make such general studies of airport construction and operations as may be useful in keeping the municipal airport efficient and adequate to the needs of the City and of the air transportation industry;
2. Make recommendations to the City Council in respect to construction, expansion, improvements, maintenance and operation of such airport;
3. Make recommendations to the City Council concerning leases and permits;
4. Inform the City Manager of any failure by personnel of the airport to carry out any orders or policies adopted by the governing body; and
5. In an advisory capacity, work toward the general improvement of the airport and the advancement of the City as an air transportation center.