How to file a death claim:
- Family members of deceased employees/retirees should notify the Human Resources department at (903)363-0600.
- A letter, claim form and Voya Personal Transition Account Supplemental Contract will be mailed to the beneficiary appointed by the insured.
- The beneficiary will need to complete and sign the claim form and provide a certified death certificate.
- A funeral home assignment will be accepted, provided it is submitted with the life insurance claim, it indicates the amount assigned and is signed by the named beneficiary.
- Return the completed forms and a certified copy of the death certificate to Human Resources.
- Claims are usually processed in 3 to 4 weeks.
- Questions regarding Voya death benefits can be addressed to Voya Customer Service Center at 1-800-625-7440.