(1) You must make the request for Defensive Driving either in writing or by appearing in person at the municipal court within 20 calendar days from the offense date on the citation.
(2) You must enter a plea of "guilty" or "no contest".
(3) You must pay the court costs plus $10.00 in full at the time you make the request. There are no extensions or payment plans for this payment.
(4) You must show proof of valid automobile liability insurance with your name on the policy.
(5) You must show proof of a current Texas Drivers License.
(6) You must not have taken a course for ticket dismissal within the 12 months preceding the date of your citation.