Please separate the materials you bring to the Recycling Center. We have several clearly marked collection bins for the following items:
- Newspapers, magazines, phonebooks and ads
- Cardboard of any type (must be broken down)
- Aluminum cans (no aluminum pie plates, baking tins or tin foil), tin cans (labels removed)
- Mixed office paper
- #1 and #2 plastic soda and water bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles (rinsed)
- Cell phones and chargers
- Electronics, computers, printers,(there is a charge for computer monitors)
- Ink and Toner Cartridges
- Clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars (must be rinsed with lids removed – no mirrors)
- Automotive, Lawnmower and Tractor batteries
- Metal (copper, aluminum, brass, steel )
- Household appliances (see below for fees associated with some appliances)
- Motor oil/Hydraulic fluid, Anti-freeze
- We now accept furniture (see below for the fees)
We DO NOT accept hard back books or paint.
Items accepted at the Recycle Center with an associated cost: (Due to the recent decline in the recycle market, we have initiated fees for certain items). FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
TVs and Computer Monitors: $5.00 per TV or Computer Monitor (fees are subject to change)
TVs and MONITORS FROM COMMERCIAL ENTITIES (businesses, schools, hospitals, etc.) are $8.00 each.
Tires: Car & Light Truck tires $5.00 each, (with wheels add an additional $4.00 each)
Large Truck / Small Tractor tires $15.00 each, (with wheels add an additional $8.00 each)
We reserve the right to refuse any tire due to size or condition
Refrigerators and Air Conditioning Units: $5.00 per item
Microwave Ovens: $5.00 each
Furniture: $5.00 per item (sofas, mattresses, box springs, chairs, dressers, tables etc.)
The Solid Waste Department only accepts checks, cash or money orders, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS.