- Animal Bite Investigation
- Response to stray dog concerns and impoundment of stray dogs
- Providing humane live traps to capture nuisance wildlife, cats, and dogs
- Investigation of Animal Welfare concerns
- Impoundment of unwanted dogs and cats
- Dead Animal removal from residences and roadways
- Investigation of Barking Dog concerns
- Enforcement of City Ordinances regarding livestock, fowl, and exotic animals
- Investigation and testing of suspected rabid animals
Mosquito Control Services:
- Investigation of Mosquito complaints in the City of Tyler
- Capture and testing of mosquitoes for viral identification
- Chemical treatment of mosquito larva and adults by licensed Public Health Pesticide Applicators
- Enforcement of City Ordinances regarding abatement of mosquito breeding areas
Lost a Pet?
If your animal has been picked up you may contact the Tyler Animal Shelter at (903) 535-0045. To tag an animal for rescue or adoption, contact the Animal Shelter Manager at email@example.com or the Adoption Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost pet links:
Hours of Operation
Tyler Animal Control officers are on duty Sunday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5p.m. After hours, citizens should contact the Tyler Police Department at (903) 531-1000 for Animal Control emergencies. Emergencies include:
- Live or dead animals impeding traffic
- Injured animal (owner unknown or cannot be contacted)
- Animal threatening the safety of citizens (A police officer, by City Ordinance Sec. 14-5 a 4, may humanely destroy an animal posing an imminent danger to persons or property under circumstances of emergency.)
Dead animals that are not impeding traffic are not emergencies. After hour Animal Control nonemergency concerns can be left on our answering machine at 903-535-0045.