The Tyler Historical Preservation Board is composed of nine (9) members who shall serve without compensation and who shall be appointed by the City Council. The Board shall adopt such rules and regulations as it may deem best for its proceedings and work, subject to approval of the City Council. The Board shall meet at least once each month.
The Tyler Historical Preservation Board shall act in an advisory capacity to the City Manager, the Planning and Zoning Board and the City Council. The Board shall make recommendations to the City Manager, Planning and Zoning Board and the Council in regard to any matter concerning the establishment of any location, structure, building or area as an official historical site and shall make future recommendations in regard to the preservation and restoration of such areas or buildings, subsequent to their establishment as official historical sites or districts.
The Tyler Historical Preservation Board shall have the authority to conduct hearings and research for the purpose of determining the feasibility of recommending to the City Manager, the Planning and Zoning Board and the City Council locations, sites and structures to preserve and restore as official Tyler historic sites and structures to preserve and restore as official Tyler historic sites or districts.
- W. Michael Hurley, 2019-2021
- James "Matt" Rowan, 2018-2020
- Tracy Hurst, 2019-2021
- Zachary Sabota - Chair, 2018-2020
- Dorothy J. Franks, 2019-2021
- Christopher Leahy, 2016-2020
- Clearance Shackleford, 2018-2020
- J. B. Smith, 2019-2020
- Rebecca Dunn, 2019-2020
- Executive Director of Heart of Tyler: Nancy Wrenn
- Executive Director of Historical Tyler: Ginger Haberle
- Smith County Historical Society Rep.: Vicki Betts
- Staff Liaison: Heather Nick