The nine (9) member Northeast Texas Public Health Board shall govern the Northeast Texas Public Health District. The Board consists of two (2) qualified practicing physicians nominated by the Smith County Medical Society; one qualified practicing dentist nominated by the Smith County Dental Society; four members, one of whom shall be a representative from the food industry-Two of the four shall be nominated by the Smith County Commissioners' Court and two by the Tyler City Council, and two appointed by the Board of the Northeast Texas Public Health District.
The Health District was created by the City of Tyler and Smith County to provide certain related services. The Board shall adopt and establish both substantive and procedural rules necessary and appropriate to protect the health and safety of the citizens of Smith County, Texas. Any and all rules adopted by the Board shall have the full force and effect of law except where in conflict with a state or federal law or duly enacted local ordinance or county law.
The Northeast Texas Public Health District Chief Executive Officer, the Mayor of the City of Tyler, the County Judge of Smith County shall be non-voting ex officio members of the Board. The operating members, by majority vote of each governing body, may name additional non-voting, ex officio members as needed and subject to its discretion.
- City: Allison Pollan, 2018-2020
- City: Kimberly Ashley, 2017-2021
- County: Lloyd Nichols, 2019-2021
- County: Cori Moore, 2018-2020
- Smith Co. Medical Society: Meg Reitmeyer, MD, 2017-2021
- Smith Co. Medical Society: Li-Yu Mitchell, MD, 2016-2020
- Smith Co. Dental Society: David Bright, 2014-2020
- NET Health Board Appointee: Claude Henry, 2018-2020
- NET Health Board Appointee: Danita Alfred, Ph.D, 2017-2021
- NET Health Chief Executive Officer: George T. Roberts Jr.
- NET Health Administrative Assistant: Patty Roberts
- Staff Liaison: Sharon Roberts