A garage sale is a sale of personal property conducted within a residential district.
- Only those garage sales in compliance with the regulations of this section are permitted in a residentially zoned district. Any other attempted sale is prohibited in residential districts.
- Sales that require a sales tax permit are not authorized by this section. The sale of merchandise acquired solely for resale purposes is prohibited.
- No more than one garage sale may be conducted from any residence during any consecutive six-month period for a maximum of two per year.
- No garage sale may be held for a period exceeding three consecutive days unless a longer duration is approved by the planning director through issuance of a temporary use permit (TUP).
- All signs or notices posted in regard to any garage sale shall be posted only on the premises at which said sale is held, and shall be so located as not to constitute an impairment to or obstruction of traffic. No sign permit is required.