Certificate of Appropriateness for Rehabilitation or a Certificate of Demolition is required prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration, removal or demolition of any exterior architectural feature of a building or structure designated as a historic landmark, located within a local or national district, or structures 50 years or older where federal funding is involved.
Apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness or a Certificate of Demolition prior to submitting a building permit.
Find out if your property is within a National Historic District by visiting the online Property Search Viewer.
Download the application here:
Certificate of Appropriateness Application
Click the image or hyperlink below to access the Viewer: smithcountymapsite.org
Using the Viewer:
- Locate and click Property Search on the left side of screen.
- Use the zoom tool to zoom-in to your property location or click Property Search on right side of Viewer
- Search by address
- See search results on the bottom of Viewer Screen
- Click on the Account hyperlink to zoom-in to your property
- Click Data layers (next to Property Search)
- Click Layer Control
- Scroll about half-way down and check Historical Districts under the City of Tyler heading
- Redraw map using the Redraw button located on left side of Viewer