The Unified Development Code is a major outcome of the Tyler 1st planning process and puts into ordinance many of the ideas developed from community feedback and recommended in the Plan.
The UDC provides for zoning classifications that encourage sustainable growth in Tyler. One example is new mixed use development zoning districts that will allow for vertical integration of retail, office and residential. Other changes to the Code include enhanced landscaping requirements for new developments and relaxed parking standards.
These documents require the Adobe PDF Reader to view. You may download the latest version of this free software by clicking here.
For more information, please contact a Planner, 903-531-1175.
Follow the link to view the full City of Tyler Code of Ordinances (The Unified Development Code is located in Chapter 10)
Unified Development Code - Last Update 11/13/2019
- 11/13/2019 (Text amendment procedure related to fee updates)
- 10/8/2019 (Residential zoning districts, others)
- 10/24/2018 (Landscaping certification, key lot fencing, head-in parking, definitions)
- 2/14/2018 ("POD", Planned Office District, escrow policies, County Road upgrade exemption, approved tree list, PMXD-2 density)
- 11/8/2017 (Fences, subdivisions, minor clarifications)
- 8/23/2017 (Small cells, parking lot landscaping, post-construction stormwater runoff controls, others)