Mission: The Finance Department mission is to maintain quality financial records for the City of Tyler and to provide excellent customer Service to its business partners and employees.
Proven Excellence: For 32 years in a row, Tyler's Finance Department has been presented with a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Finance from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. This is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting.
- Achieving 12th consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
- Achieving 6th consecutive Certificate of Distinction for outstanding Investment Policies from the Government Treasurer's Organizations of Texas
Ensuring Fiscal Responsibility
The Finance Department is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining financial and accounting systems in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles; processing and disbursing funds for payments; conducting internal financial audits; managing investments of cash balances; publishing appropriate financial statements and reports; and, managing bonded indebtedness.
The Finance Department strives to collect all amounts due to the City in order to produce prompt and accurate financial reports to management and other interested parties. In addition, the Finance Department acts as liaison to the City's underwriters, investors, trustees, and other outside parties in the sale of bonds.
The Goal of the Finance Department is to provide comprehensive and transparent financial and fiscal management by maintaining strong ethics, integrity, customer oriented values, and accountability. Every effort is made to ensure that financial information related to the municipal government is easily accessible and readily available.
Information available on this web page includes the following:
- Tyler's Adopted Budget
- Annual Financial Reports
- Check/Expense Register
- Government Contact Information
- Public Information Requests
- Tax Rate
- Unclaimed Property Information
- Revenue and Expenditure Report
- Quarterly Investment Report
- Texas Comptroller Local Government Debt Transparency
- And much more!
If you are having any difficulty locating a particular item, please call 903-531-1138.