It is the primary duty of a municipal prosecutor not to convict, but to see that justice is done. (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Section 45.201(d))
Contacting a Prosecutor
A Prosecutor will be in the Municipal Court for regularly scheduled Office Hours every Wednesday.
- If you have a ticket or case pending in the Tyler Municipal Court and you have NOT appeared before the Judge to enter your plea, please contact the Court at 903-531-1266 and a Court Clerk will direct you to the appropriate person.
- If you are a defense attorney or you have a case set for trial in the Tyler Municipal Court and you need to speak with a Prosecutor about your case, please call either 903-531-1161 or leave a message on the Prosecutor's telephone line at 903-595-7198 including the following information:
- Defendent's Name
- Defendent's Date of Birth
- Ticket or Cause Number
- Attorney's Name
- Attorney's Telephone Number
- If you need more information about Court Proceedings, please visit Tyler Municipal Court