- 3D printer service is limited to Tyler Public Library cardholders.
- An up-front fee of $2 (per item) is collected at the time of the request.
- Complete the request form and submit it to library staff.
- Designs are available on several sites: Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory, and YouMagine. Designs are also in the BOB notebook, which includes print projects completed by the Library.
- Prints cannot be done in multiple colors unless there are multiple parts.
- Color availability varies.
- Turn-around time on prints cannot be guaranteed. Requests are generally printed in the order submitted and can take 1-2 weeks.
- Prints are 15¢ for every gram of plastic used. This will be determined after the print is done.
- Prints will be held for 14 days, and then they become library property.
- Patrons pay for the print at the time of pickup. The patron is not charged for failed prints caused by staff error or hardware failure. Refunds are not given for prints that do not print as the patron expected or desired.
- Patrons are responsible for desired post-processing for their print such as filing or removing support plastic. Library staff is unable to assemble a print that has multiple parts. Staff cannot be held liable for damages once the print has been given to the patron.
- Payment is cash or check only. All funds go to BOB for supplies and the Friends of the Tyler Public Library.
- Prints must comply with copyright and safety restrictions.
- Prints must be intended for lawful purposes and must not be prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Prints that are dangerous or pose a threat to the well-being of others will not be printed. No print that may function as a weapon or part of a weapon will be allowed.
Library staff reserves the right to refuse a print job.
For additional assistance, ask the staff at the Information Desk.
Check out this page to see some print examples that we've created.