The Tyler Public Library is pleased to provide a fax service to the public.
- Tyler Public Library Fax number is (903) 531-1355.
- Operation of the fax machine is limited to library staff.
- A fax transmission cover sheet must be used and is available upon request. There is no charge for transmission of the cover sheet.
- Fax transmission charges are $1.00 per page for local and toll-free, and $1.50 per page for long-distance.
- If the first call results in a busy signal or other failed connection, 4 more attempts will be made to transmit in the next 10 minutes. If failure persists for 10 minutes, transmissions may be resubmitted one hour later. If the call still cannot be completed, library staff will ask the patron to verify the phone number. Only the patron may determine the success of the transmission by calling the recipient. Library phones cannot be used for this purpose. Patrons must be in the library to send faxes.
- Letter size (8 ½” x 11”) fax transmissions may also be received at the Library. The price for receiving faxes is $0.10 per page.
- Library staff will not monitor items faxed to the Library. We do not guarantee the security or the privacy of received faxes.
- Fax transmission/collection service is available only during the hours the Library is open, staff time permitting. Library services take priority over fax requests.
- Print quality is variable and not controllable by the Library.
- The Library is NOT responsible for ensuring successful transmission of outgoing or incoming faxes, nor is the library responsible for any damage, loss of data or consequential damage arising out of the use of this service.
- The fax machine closes fifteen minutes before the Library's normal closing hours.