Click on the doll you wish to checkout to be redirected to the card catalog to place it on hold.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I borrow an American Girl® on the Go Doll Kit?
Place a doll on hold through the Library catalog. Log in using your name and library card number and request the doll you would like. We will contact you when the doll kit is available.
How many doll kits can I borrow at one time?
Due to a limited number of doll kits there is a limit of one doll kit per family at a time. Doll kits can only be checked out by adults.
Where do I pick up my hold?
American Girl® on the Go doll kits can be picked up at the Library circulation desk.
What is the borrowing period?
American Girl® on the Go doll kits can be checked out for two weeks with no renewals.
How much is the late fee?
$1 per day.
Where do I return my doll kit?
Dolls should be returned during regular library hours at the circulation desk.
Please do not return dolls in either onsite or offsite book returns. Dolls could be damaged by if placed in a book return. Patron is held responsible for all damages.
What is in an American Girl® Doll Kit?
Each kit includes:
- 1 Doll
- 1 Carrying case
- 1 Doll hair styling tool
- 1 Set of doll clothes
- A doll care and journal instruction sheet
- A journal to record the doll’s ongoing adventures
- The first book in the American Girl® book series about the character that the doll represents.
How do I care for a doll?
- Please do brush and style your doll’s hair only using the hair brush provided.
- Please do clean your doll’s face and hands when necessary.
- Instructions: With the help of an adult, protect your doll by pulling her hair back from her face and cover her clothing and eyes. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with warm water. Then, dip a washcloth in warm water and rub the doll’s face with the baking soda paste, being careful not to get her eyes wet. When finished, dry her face with a soft towel. Repeat the process for her hands.
- Please do not submerge the doll in water
- Please do not cut, shampoo, or use styling products on the doll’s hair. This can damage the doll's hair.
- Please do not use a blow dryer, curling iron, hot rollers, or a straightening iron on the doll’s hair.
Can I write in the doll’s journal?
Yes! We want to know what the doll is up to when she is away from the library. Tell us a little about the doll’s activities and experiences while visiting your house. You can include the town you live in, the dates she visited your home, and the fun things you did together. Include as many details as you like. If you wish, you may draw a picture in the journal.
How much does it cost to replace or repair damaged American Girl® Doll Kit items?
|Full doll kit: Josefina Montoya or Kit Kittredge||$157.00|
|Full doll kit: Addy Walker or Caroline Abbott||$181.00|
|Doll only with outfit||$105.00|
|American Girl® BeForever book||$10.00|
|Doll outfit (full)||$36.00|
|Doll accessory pack (Addy and Caroline only)||$24.00|
|Doll hair brush||$6.00|
|Excessive cleaning fee||$10.00|
|New head (same American Girl® only)||$44.00|
|New body (torso and limbs)||$44.00|
|New torso or limbs (choose one)||$34.00|
|Eye replacement (same eye color only)||$28.00|
|Reattachment or repair of head or limbs||$32.00|
|Shipping and handling||$7.95|
How is the American Girl® on the Go Doll Kit program funded?
The American Girl® on the Go Doll Kit lending program is made possible by the Friends of the Tyler Public Library. We would also like to thank Casey Fisher, Caroline Sanchez, and the Florida Doll Club, Lakeland, Florida for their generous donations of American Girl® Dolls and accessories.
Can I donate to the program?
Yes! We welcome donations of new, like-new, or used-but-in-good-condition American Girl® Dolls, clothing, and accessories, including the historic characters that can no longer be purchased. You can also make a monetary donation to the Friends of the Tyler Public Library for the purchase of dolls or doll accessories.
Donations are tax deductible.