EVENT UPDATE: Contest entries and prizes can be picked up at the Rose Garden Center, 420 Rose Park Drive, through Friday, June 12. Pick up can be done Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. A video of the entered photos cane be viewed from our Facebook page. Thank you to all who participated!
The City of Tyler Parks & Recreation Department presents the 15th Annual Life in Tyler Photography Contest. To participate, please download the Registration Form PDF then mail or bring it to our offices along with the photographs being submitted. For more information, check out the Facebook event page, contact Debbie Isham at (903) 531-1214 or fill out our contact form.
- All photos must be taken in the area of Tyler, Texas.
- Cost: $3 per entry, only two (2) entries per category
- Age categories for youth and adults, including amateur and professional.
- Photo sizes allowed: 5" x 7" or 8" x 10" only and must have a single flat mat no larger than 11" x 14". No foam board or double weighted mats.
- Ribbons and prizes will be given to the Best in Show as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.
Entry - March 2 - 6 and 9 - 10, 2020
Please hand deliver your photo(s) to the Rose Garden Center, located at 420 Rose Park Dr. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or the Parks Admin office on the front side of Harvey Convention Center, 2000 W. Front St., between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Exhibit - POSTPONED
Contest display to be postponed due to the confirmation of Coronavirus cases in Tyler from the Northeast Texas Public Health District (NET Health) and in an abundance of caution. Photos will be judged in the mean time and display will be rescheduled once City of Tyler facilities are reopened.
- Recreational Events
- Family Time
- Historic Photos
- Outdoor Events
- Flora and Fauna