The Tyler Police Department offers an exceptional career opportunity for men and women transitioning out of the military or is a Veteran of the Armed Services. Our Department is looking for men and women like you, who possess Leadership Skills, Integrity, Honor and Trust.
The following will apply to meet City Of Tyler Civil Service requirements:
- Have served at least 3 years active duty in one of the Armed Services of the United States. (Reserve time will not be considered)
- You must provide a copy of all DD214 military releases, (indicating that your discharge was not dishonorable, or based on misconduct which bars future military service.
- If you meet the above requirements the minimum of 30 semester hours of college will be waived.
- An applicant that meets the standards above who scores 70% or better will be awarded five extra points towards your raw score on the Civil Service Exam.
- Tyler Police Department provides 15 days of paid military leave per year.
- Military personnel may be eligible for G. I. Bill education benefits during police academy training. For more information regarding the G.I. Bill go to: www.gibill.va.gov
Next Test Date - September 19, 2020 @ 0900 hrs
Applications will be accepted starting August 6, 2020 and must be received or postmarked no later than September 4, 2020 at 5 pm.
Contact a Recruiter today for additional information
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Detective Reggie Conley