A division of the City of Tyler's Human Resources Department, Risk Management works actively to protect against accidental losses to assist with minimizing the financial risk to the city while maintaining compliance with Federal, State, and Local applicable laws. This is done through the identification and analysis of risk and the implementation of loss control programs to create a safe environment for our employees, citizens and visitors.
- Manages and administers the City's Workers Compensation and Property and Casualty self-insured and insurance programs
- Responsible for all aspects of claim, subrogation and collection activities for the city
- Develops, coordinates and supports city wide safety and loss control programs
- Compiles statistical data and reports for a wide variety of Risk Management uses
- Coordinates with Legal Department for analysis of legal agreements and contracts