The City of Tyler offers citizens a place to dispose of recyclable items at the Tyler Recycle Center located at 418 North Bois D'Arc Ave. The Solid Waste Department encourages citizens to bring items to the center to reduce the carbon footprint within the city. The city offers a curbside pick-up service for customers who choose to have their recyclable items collected through garbage services. If you are interested in signing up for curbside recycling please call us at 903-531-1388 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently a curbside recycling customer, go the the Tyler Talks Trash app located on our front page www.cityoftyler.org/Departments/SolidWaste.aspx to download a recycle calendar for your address, or download the free Tyler Talks Trash app on your smart phone. The app can alert you to your pick-up days and any special events concerning Solid Waste. We have divided the city into 8 recycle routes and can no longer post the individual calendars on-line.Things To Know About Curbside Recycling
Residential customers who enroll in curbside recycling receive a recycling cart as well as bi-weekly curbside recycling pick-ups for $5.25 plus tax per month.
All items must fit inside the cart. Break down cardboard, crush plastic and cans to make all items fit inside the cart. Glass is not accepted in the curbside program. A fee may be charged to pick up items that are not inside the residential recycle carts.
A few reminders:
- Recycling cart should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m.
- Place your cart behind the curb line.
- Lid opening must be faced towards the street.
- Cart should be six feet away from any fixed object, such as a mailbox, vehicle, fence or utility pole.
Acceptable Items in the Curbside Recycle Bin
- Crushed aluminum cans, rinsed
- Plastics #1 PETE, rinsed with lids removed, such as water and soda bottles
- Plastics #2 HDPE, rinsed with lids removed, such as milk jugs and detergent bottles (please crush larger bottles)
- Plastics #3 - #7 are now accepted as of January 2019
- Tin cans
- Broken down cardboard
- Magazines and junk mail
- Office paper
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Food and Beverage Cartons (milk, juice, soup, broth, wine)
Special pick-up with additional charge:
- Household appliances
- Brush Piles
- No glass
- No plastic grocery bags or plastic wrap
A few reminders:
- Break down all cardboard and put it inside the cart.
- Crush aluminum cans and plastics so that everything fits inside your recycling cart.
- Recycling crews will not pick up your cart if it contains items unacceptable for recycling.