The Downtown Recycle Center is located at 418 N. Bois D'Arc.
The Downtown Recycle Center will reopen starting Monday, May 4th. Tyler Recycling Center will operate with a modified schedule from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to Noon on Saturday. The center will have limited access and will be set-up to maintain social distancing requirements. Users are encouraged to wear face coverings and gloves.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to Noon.
Contact us: (903) 531-1388
Please separate the materials you bring to the Recycling Center. We have several clearly marked collection bins for the following items:
- Newspapers, magazines, phonebooks and ads
- Cardboard of any type (must be broken down)
- Aluminum cans (no aluminum pie plates, baking tins or tin foil), tin cans (labels removed)
- Mixed office paper
- #1 and #2 plastic soda and water bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles (rinsed)
- Cell phones and chargers
- Electronics, computers, printers (there is a charge for computer monitors)
- TVs and Computer Monitors (Residential): $5 per item
- TVs and Monitors (from commercial entities - businesses, schools, hospitals, etc.): $8 each
- Ink and Toner Cartridges
- Clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars (must be rinsed with lids removed – no mirrors)
- Automotive, Lawnmower and Tractor batteries
- Metal (copper, aluminum, brass, steel )
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioning units: $5 per item
- Microwave Ovens: $5 per item
- Motor oil/Hydraulic fluid, Anti-freeze
- Furniture: $5 per item
- Car or Truck Tires:
- Size 13 inches to 28 inches: $5 without rims, $10 with rims.
- Size 30 inches and up: $10 without rims, $15 with rims.
- We reserve the right to refuse any tire due to size or condition.
We DO NOT accept hard back books, paint or trash.
Interested in a tour of the Downtown Recycle Center?
The Recycling Collection Center is a great place to learn about the process of recycling and how you can make an impact in your community. Some topics addressed in the tour are:
How a self-service Recycling Center operates.
What items that are accepted at the Recycle Center.
Where the items go after they leave Tyler.
What items are typically re-used for
The logistics of compacting recyclables.
Contact: Angela Bennis at (903) 595-7217
Time: Morning tours are preferred. Between 9 and 10 a.m.
Duration: Typically 30 minutes to 1 hour
Capacity: Groups larger than 20 are usually split into multiple groups