The Street Department performs maintenance on approximately 653 miles of streets within the city limits of Tyler. The Street Department is charged with five key objectives:
- Street Maintenance and Repair
- Drainage Maintenance
- Tree and Brush Maintenance
- Right of Way Mowing
- Street Sweeping
Department Strategic Direction: The City of Tyler Street Department strives to provide safe, highly maintained streets, stormwater drainage systems, and right-of-ways in an economically responsible way that meets the needs of our Citizens and enhances the natural beauty of the City.
The Street Department is charged with the daily maintenance of our City streets and is made up of four specialized crews.
- Pot Hole Repair
- Utility Cut Repair
- Brick Cut Repair
- Concrete and Construction Repair and Maintenance
Please report any street maintenance issues to 903-531-1393 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Drainage Maintenance crew is responsible for the daily maintenance of the City's Stormwater system which includes:
- Storm Drain Inlet Boxes
- Creeks / Natural Drainage ways
- Major and Minor Bridges
Please contact us with any drainage issues at 903-531-1393 or email at email@example.com
Our Tree Crew is charged with the daily maintenance of trees within the City's Right-of-Ways and Easements and perform the following tasks:
- Tree Trimming*
- Trees overhanging the City Streets should have a minimum of 13 foot ground clearance.
- Dead Tree Removal
- Tree must be in the City Right-of-Way or City easement area of a property.
- Must be dead or in distress as determined by the City Arborist.
- Must be determined to be a nuisance to public property or safety as determined by the City Arborist.
- Removal of fallen trees and limbs from public roadways.
Please call us at 903-531-1393 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to report tree issues in your neighborhood.
*The City Tree Crews do not trim trees away from powerlines. Please contact Oncor at 1-888-313-4747.
Our Mowing Crew is charged with maintaining the main thoroughfares of the City which consists of 17 predetermined routes.
Please help us keep Tyler beautiful and remember:
- It is the individual property owners responsibility to maintain their yards to the street or curb line.
- Grass / weeds should not be allowed to grow to more than 12 inches high.
- Grass clippings should not be placed or blown into the street.
- Illegal Dumping and violations of City Codes should be reported to City of Tyler Code Enforcement at 903-531-1312
The City has a fleet of four Street Sweepers that work in tandum with each other to sweep all paved streets within the city limits. We have divided the city into eighty-seven areas. Each cycle of sweeping starts at area one which is the north most area of the city and then progresses sequentially down through all eight-seven areas until a cycle is completed. On average it takes 1.5 months to complete a cycle.
If you would like to know your Sweeper Area number please contact our office at 903-531-1393.
Please help us keep Tyler beautiful:
- Don't blow leaves or grass clippings into the street or stormdrains.
- Don't park broken down cars in the street.
Please contact us at 903-531-1393 or by email at email@example.com with any questions or concerns
You can reach us Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM by calling: (903)531-1393
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Phone and email messages are not monitored on weekends or holidays.
After hours emergency issues please call the City of Tyler Police Department at (903)531-1000