Terms: 2015-2017; 2017-2019; 2019-2021
A Tyler native, Linda Sellers, is a graduate of the University of Texas at Tyler with a Bachelor of Science in Education. Working in the insurance industry specializing in employee benefits for many years, Sellers has been a resident and small business owner in District 1 for the last 20 years. Her commitment to Tyler runs deep, and her experience in the many facets of the City exemplifies her dedication to its continued improvement. Her experience in a customer service-oriented industry has prepared her to successfully address the needs and concerns of District 1 residents and the City as a whole.
Some of her experience and positions include:
- Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce Chairman
- Planning and Zoning Commissioner
- Traffic Task Force
- Tyler Economic Development Council Board Member
- Lake Tyler Roundtable
- Better Business Bureau Board Member
- Toll 49 Exploratory Committee Member
- Tyler Chamber Vision 2010 Committee Member
- Texas Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Regional Director
- UT Health Center Northeast Development Board
- Literacy Council of Tyler Board Member
- East Texas Symphony Orchestra Board Member
Linda Sellers is married with two grown children and two grandchildren. She and her family attend Green Acres Baptist Church.